1. Claremont Card Use. Claremont Graduate University, Claremont
McKenna College, Claremont University Consortium, Keck Graduate Institute,
2. Lost, stolen or replacement cards. A lost or stolen card should be reported to the Connection in person during regular office hours or be phone at (909) 607-CARD (2273) During A lost or stolen Claremont Card may also be reported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by logging onto http://cards.cuc.claremont.edu . After office hours or on weekends you should also contact The Office of Campus Safety at (909) 621-8170.
The Claremont Card holder is responsible for proper notification of a lost or stolen Claremont Card. Individual liability will not exceed $50 in unauthorized charges if a lost or stolen card is reported within 48 hours. Liability will not exceed $500 in unauthorized charges for reports made within 60 days. If notification of loss exceeds 60 days, your Claremont Card liability for unauthorized charges shall be limited to funds available in your account(s).
A damaged or defaced Claremont Card is not valid and must be replaced. The initial Claremont Card is provided at no charge. There will be a fee to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged Claremont Card.
3. Claremont Cash Accounts. By registering a Claremont Cash account(s) you agree to be legally bound by all terms and conditions set forth in this and other related Claremont Colleges' agreements. The Claremont Colleges agree to establish, accept, and maintain an account(s) for your benefit with funds prepaid by you. Prepaid funds shall be applied upon amounts charged to your Claremont Cash account(s) for goods and services purchased at locations that accept Claremont Cash payments. Provided that funds are available, there is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and charged to an account. At no time will interest accrue on any Claremont Card account.
A Claremont Cash account(s) is not a credit card account. Under no circumstances should you allow debits or charges to an account to reduce the account balance below zero. If an account(s) goes to a negative balance the cardholder will be notified and the negative balance corrected by an immediate deposit, or the account will be suspended and the negative balance will be reported to the institution authorizing your ID card for collection. Under no circumstance may the Claremont Cash account be used to obtain cash or cash advances from an account. Any credits due to returns shall be deposited into your account. Statements of your Claremont Cash activity are available upon request through the Connection during normal business hours or online at all times.
4. Error resolution. Contact the Connection no later than 60 days after you detect any errors on a receipt or statement. A written confirmation of verbal notices may be required within ten days of your initial report. All reported errors shall be investigated and the results made available within ten working days of notification. You will receive written notification if additional investigation time is required. Under no circumstances will an investigation exceed 45 days. A written explanation of results of any investigation will be provided within three days after the close of the review. Copies of the documents used during the investigation will be provided upon written request.
5. Closing Accounts. Claremont Cash value remains on the Claremont Card until a student, faculty or staff member graduates, withdraws, is dismissed or terminates from The Claremont Colleges. A cardholder may then submit a request to withdraw any remaining funds to the Connection. Claremont Cash reimbursement forms are available here or at the Connection. A cardholder may then request a withdrawal of any remaining funds at the Connection, by mail, fax or email. Reimbursements are processed by check only and should arrive within two-four weeks.
6. Inactive Accounts. Any Claremont Cash account left inactive for 16 months may be charged $25 for an annual maintenance fee until funds are depleted. However, if a cardholder plans to take a leave from The Claremont Colleges for a period longer than 16 months, the cardholder may notify the Connection prior to the leave in writing with the dates of the planned leave to avoid charges accumulating during the leave.
7. Effective Date of Agreement. The terms and conditions of this agreement are effective immediately and shall remain in effect until written notification of change(s) is received.
8. Returned Checks. There will be a $15 fee for any returned check. If a negative balance occurs for more than five business days after you have been notified by the Connection because of a returned check and/or the fee associated with a returned check, the account will be suspended, and the negative balance will be reported to the institution authorizing your ID card for collection.